Fit Gamer

Fit Gamer
Banner!

Thursday 26 April 2012

Why Fitness. Why Gaming. Why this Blog

   To introduce this blog, I attempt to answer the reason why this blog exists:  I love gaming.  Ever since I was a child, delving into the shadows of an 80s arcade, there was something about the challenge, the excitement, and the satisfaction of gaming that grasped deep.

  We used to live in a world where children played video games, and as one grew old, they "matured" past jumping Mario onto the goombas.  As we experience the 21st century though, this seems to be changing.  There are mature games, and gamers are aging, and still playing games.

  This leads to challenges.  Time management challenges.  Relationship challenges.  Health challenges.  I don't think it's a stretch to say that sitting in a chair and playing a game for 8 hours a day has an effect on your health.  Gaming and fitness is a balance that needs to be maintained.

  Enough seriousness, and enough of me trying to answer something that only months of blogging will be able to answer.  It is my goal to keep steady content streaming in, and I have plans of adding audio and video to my blogs.  So keep watching, and if this topic interests you then follow me, tell your friends, and keep gaming my friends.

3 comments:

  1. I exercise when I get up from my chair and grab a beer from the fridge.

    Hehe, in all seriousness though, I'm looking forward to what you'll be writing about. I'm sure 99% of gamers out there could use some tips on how to better balance gaming with a fit lifestyle.

    After all, I'm sure nobody wants to end up like Jenkins on that South Park episode. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you man, this is the best shit since sliced bread. I'm going to show my wife this blog and use it to convince her to let me game again. WoW here I come baby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like it! Crossing my fingers for you, hopefully your wife will want to do the physical challenges too.

    I've been forcing my wife to do them!

    /takes out whip

    ReplyDelete