Fit Gamer

Fit Gamer
Banner!

Monday 14 May 2012

Physical Challenge 7

Hey all!

Last night while I was sleeping, a house fly flew down my gaping mouth, and rubbed the inside of my throat with sandpaper.   Then as he left, he flew out my nose, and left the booger generator on max power, breaking it so it can't turn off.  At least that's what I theorize happened.  Science...bah!

I looked for that bastard fly all morning, but he must have escaped into the night.  I'll put up some flyers around town, and hopefully track down that malicious insect if it's the last thing I do!

On a more normal note, I have released Physical Challenge 7, that being the Diamond Push Up!  Along with the challenge, is a video update for Versace.  Check it out!  Don't forget to subscribe, like, favorite, and tell your friends!




A Diamond Push-up is similar to a regular Pushup except it's more expensive, and ranges in carat, colour, and clarity.   It is also different in that you bring your hands closer together while in the standard push up position, they call it the "diamond push up" because if your hands are touching, you make a diamond shape with your fingers and thumb.

This variety of push up stresses on your triceps more than a regular push up.

Physical Challenge 7:

Adjust your push up into a diamond push up so you can only do between 10 and 20 push ups before failing.

You can adjust the diamond push up the following ways to make it easier:

  • lengthen the distance between your hands
  • go on your knees
By doing those adjustments, you should be able to get in the range.

Do 10-20 diamond pushups 4 times, with only 2 minute breaks between sets.


On the Ironman Challenge front, Versace has reached an all new high of level 41, and is now the 7th highest Rogue in the world for this challenge.  She is listed on page 3 of 51 now on the general listings, behind about 2 million hunters it seems.

That's it for now.  Cross your fingers that Versace continues her ascent.  In the meantime, keep fit and keep gaming.

Versace

2 comments:

  1. Dranina aka Couch Potato15 May 2012 at 02:08

    10! I'll have to do them on my knees. When you aske us to recount our max I had an increase of 50 % and was no way going to tell my actual number, but now I have to say: When I started this challenge, I could do 10 push-ups on the 3rd step of my stairs. When you asked us to count again, I was up to 15 on step # 2. I think I'll stay with normal push-ups on my stairs for anoteh week or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Dranina! That's even better than a 50% increase, if you went from stair 3 to stair 2, there's a significant weight increase as well.

      I love to hear that people are seeing an improvement.

      Definitely adjust the physical challenges to your own comfort, but I would still suggest that you try physical challenge 7 by doing it from the third step, with your hands a little bit closer together, to put a little bit more stress on your triceps!

      Delete